Inspectors: Stockton-on Tees, Runcorn and Grangemouth
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious
company, where your contribution
is vital in ensuring critical industries continue to operate safely
and reliably? Are you
committed to exceeding client expectations and want to be part of an
Axiom is an award-winning engineering consultancy
in the fields of Materials Engineering,
Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering, in addition to being a UKAS Accredited
Body. Since our inception we have grown successfully and are now operating
on a global
basis. This is an exciting time of further expansion for Axiom, as we
expand our geographic
reach and diversify both our capabilities and the sectors we serve.
To aid us in our ongoing expansion plans, we are looking
to recruit inspectors in the
Based within the Inspection department you will work closely
with the Inspection Management
team in order to complete inspections and reporting under the relevant
These positions offer the opportunity to progress and gain
a greater understanding on a wide
variety of plant equipment/sites.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting on-site inspections of pipework,
storage tanks, boilers and
associated pressure systems (shell boilers and larger steam generating
on power plant), potentially growing to encompass other process equipment,
dependent on the scope of your appointment
- Creation and amendment of Written Schemes of Examination (WSEs)
- Review of other Client-supplied information
such as drawings, certificates
etc to inform inspection and integrity management strategies that
compliance with PSSR and COMAH
- Forming a key interface with the Client to
offer assessment and recommendations
on the condition of the inspected equipment, and the remedial work,
maintenance or modifications which may be required
- Writing, signing and issuing of:
- Inspection Reports
- Supplementary Inspection Reports
- Imminent Failure/Danger Notification Forms
- Acting as an Axiom focal point on sites for
which you are the designated Inspector,
ensuring effective Client management, resolution of issues, and promoting
reach-back to other disciplines within Axiom to offer a comprehensive
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to minimum HNC/HND level in an Engineering discipline
- Experience of inspection, in particular Pressure
Systems Safety Regulations
- Experience of shell boiler inspection and preparation requirements
- Experience of inspecting process equipment
on high-hazard COMAH sites,
Piping Systems and storage tanks
- Experience of specifying inspection intervals
in accordance with approved
codes and current Written Schemes of Examination.
Candidates who have experience working in the Inspection
field within a Petrochemical
site or a Plant Engineering role are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience of other boiler designs particularly
EfW plant inspection
- Possession of formal ASME / API certification in the field of plant inspection.
Current Certification for Inspection / NDT is required,
covering some or all of the
- API 570 Piping Inspection
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspection
- EEMUA 159/API 653 Tank Inspection
- PCN Level 2 for MPI, LPI.
Current Certification in any of the following would
We are principally recruiting for personnel based in our
Head Office in Stockton-on-Tees,
however consideration will be given applicants whose location would
see them being based
at any of our other UK sites (Grangemouth, Runcorn and Immingham). The
roles will be
client-facing and involve a large percentage of the working week allocated
work at our clients sites.
You will need to be comfortable with working in the following environments:
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Able to demonstrate a strong level of attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain successful working
relationships with a wide range
- Flexible in their approach as travel and overnight stays may be required.
- Professional manner, as the candidate will
at times be the sole representative
of the business on site.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic with can-do attitude.
- A valid full UK Driving Licence.
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Able to work across the UK without restriction.
Axiom is an ambitious and growing company. We invest heavily
in our people and technology
and are looking for similarly-minded personnel to join our team.
If you are the type of person we are looking for, we will
invest time and energy into giving you
new skills and abilities to enable you to inspect a broader range of
equipment and give you
an interesting and challenging career.
Salary: Negotiable - Staff position only
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
- Training and recertifications.
Closing Date: Friday 11th February 2022
Please submit your C.V. along with a covering letter
as to why you feel you are suitable
for the role to:
For further information, please contact Lee Baker
(NDT Technical Authority and Inspection
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE