Due to our continued growth a new contracts being
awarded an exciting opportunity has
presented itself within Applus. We are looking for a PCNL2 Eddy Current
for the testing of Welds, to join our team in London on a permanent
basis, 39 hours per
week (12 working hours per day and 1 hour paid travel) working Tuesday/
and Thursday each week. Overtime when required. The work will be within
the Rail Sector.
Main duties of the technician include:
- Carrying out day-to-day inspections using both
welding inspection and NDT
methods to the satisfaction of the client and keeping the Site Manager
to date with the job status and progress.
- Accountable for aspects of each activity/project
to ensure the safe and effective
completion of work on time and within budget.
- Maintain timesheets and all other necessary paperwork.
- Keep up to date and understand all current company,
client and/or legislative
requirements affecting advanced NDT inspection techniques and conduct
work in accordance with them.
- Produce written reports of inspections as required
within the company’s quality
control procedures. Ensure all reports within his/her own responsibilities
produced and submitted to the client within time and to company’s
- Qualified to PCNL2 in Eddy Current Welds & Visual Inspection PCN Level 2
- Desirable qualifications are PCN Level 2 in Eddy Current Tube Inspection & MPI
- Professional and hardworking individual.
- Ability to work effectively alone, as well as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical way of working as well as excellent problem solving skills.
What’s in it for me?
At Applus we look after our people just as much
as we look after our clients. On top of
a competitive salary and pension, you’ll be able to make the most of
a great benefits
package, including 25 days a year holiday pro rata. Applus UK is an
employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
for all employees.
*Full Job Description available on request
Applus UK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed
to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply please send CV to: