Non-Destructive Testing Trainer
Sheffield, South Yorkshire (with overseas travel)
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the
Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since
We strive to improve the world through engineering
by developing engineers, promoting engineering,
informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
Now, we are looking for a Non-Destructive Testing
Trainer to join us, starting as soon as possible,
and deliver high-quality training to learners in the UK and overseas.
- Company car/car allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme and BUPA private medical insurance
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary
- A range of benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Annual Learning at Work day plus two paid volunteering days
- Free membership of the Institution and professional
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
We believe that our employees are integral to what
makes our organisation great, which is
why we reward their efforts and achievements and are committed to making
their working life
a fulfilling and enjoyable one.
Once you join our passionate team, you’ll discover a collaborative
environment where staff are supported to build on their existing knowledge
and gain new skills.
In this key role, you will have the chance to share
your specialist expertise with others and
enable engaged learners to realise their full potential.
As a Non-Destructive Testing Trainer, you’ll deliver
high-quality training in the Non-Destructive
Testing (NDT) disciplines you are qualified in.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop programmes of learning activities, including
delivering and researching training sessions
- Review and assess students’ work
- Invigilate examinations and ensure that awarding body standards are met
- Liaise with specialist and NDT professionals
to ensure that contemporary
thinking and practice is brought into training
- Maintain accurate training records
- Travel to sites throughout the UK and overseas
To join us as a Non-Destructive Testing Trainer, you will need:
- Experience of non-destructive testing (NDT) methods
- A PCN Level 2 qualification in one or more of
the following methods:
WI, VT, RT, MT, UT or PT.
- The creativity to plan and deliver lessons
- A full driving licence with no more than six points
- A valid passport and the willingness to travel overseas
Although not essential, a PCN/ASNT Level III qualification
would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role NDT Trainer,
Technical Trainer, Trainer, Training Consultant,
Trainer & Assessor, Assessor, Non-Destructive Testing Inspector or NDT
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable
applicants apply. An immediate start is
available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant;
therefore, if you do not hear from us
within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that
you have been
unsuccessful on this occasion.
apply please click here.