Level III Consultant, Trainer and Examiner
Sheffield, South Yorkshire (with travel across the
UK and abroad)
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the
Institution of Mechanical Engineers has been
at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering
by developing engineers, promoting
engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
We’re now looking for a Level III Consultant, Trainer
and Examiner to join our team in Sheffield
and play a key role in our NDT training solutions.
- Competitive salary DOE & skills
- Company car / car allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme and BUPA private medical
- Life assurance worth three times your annual
- A range of benefits to encourage a healthy work-life
- Annual Learning at Work day plus two paid volunteering
- Free membership of the Institution and professional
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
This is an exciting opportunity for a certified
NDT professional with some great teaching skills
to enhance their career with one of the UK’s leading engineering institutions.
operations are a key service offering for us and also provide vital
revenue streams which
enable our activities.
You’ll have the chance to work with a wide variety
of organisations from across the globe,
supporting their facilities and ensuring their team members are trained
So, if you are excited about teaching and imparting
information, traveling on an international
basis and joining a world-renowned engineering institution, this is
the role for you.
As a Level III Consultant, Trainer and Examiner,
you will join IMechE Engineering Training
Solutions (ETS), our training subsidiary and leader in training for
(NDT) and Corrosion assessment, certification and consultancy services.
Travelling across the UK and abroad, you will support
clients in a training and consultancy
capacity, delivering contracted services and training and completing
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure clients’ NDT facilities comply with industry
- Document all findings to produce clear, concise
- Oversee student certification in various NDT
and materials evaluation methods
- Mark examinations to a consistent level
- Develop client relationships to enable new revenue
- Support the development of NDT procedures and
written practices, consultancy
- Maintain accurate student records
To be considered as a Level III Consultant, Trainer
and Examiner, you will need:
- Extensive industrial NDT experience
- Multiple NDT method Level III certifications:
ASNT/PCN/EN 4179 (minimum
of three NDT Level III certificates)
- Experience of providing solutions to clients’
NDT inspection related problems,
with the ability to assume full technical responsibility for clients’
- The ability to teach and impart knowledge of
complicated physics and
mathematical-based NDT concepts and techniques
- To be e-literate and competent in developing,
administering and using PC
and associated networks and systems (e.g. Microsoft Office) and accounting
packages to acquire, manipulate and disseminate information
- A full, valid driving licence
A bachelor of science degree (or equivalent) would
be beneficial to your application. Proven
Experience of working at Level III within at least one of these areas
would also be an advantage:
aerospace, eddy current, composites, renewables, and drone inspection.
Other organisations may call this role Level III
Consultant, Trainer and Examiner, NDT Consultant,
NDT Trainer, NDT Examiner, Engineering Testing Consultant, Test Engineer,
or NDT Training Consultant.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant;
therefore, if you do not hear from us
within 28 days of the closing date for this post you should assume that
you have been
unsuccessful on this occasion.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Level
III Consultant, Trainer and Examiner, please apply
below. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services
advertised by Webrecruit
are those of an Employment Agency.
apply please click here.