Applus UK Ltd is currently recruiting for a Base Manager to manage our Great Yarmouth
base on a full time, permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the
leading innovative and reliable companies specialising in non-destructive testing
inspection and certification services, delivering to the capital-intensive and
and power industries.
The Base Manager will play a vital role in all aspects of performance relating to the delivery of the
Company's commercial and business objectives, reporting directly to the UK Operations Director
of Applus UK Ltd
With enthusiasm, passion and creativity the base manager will be an inspirational leader who takes
pride in driving a team forward to deliver exceptional operational standards. The ideal candidate
will have had the responsibility of delivering results in a similar market and be focused on Client
and business development. It is therefore essential that the individual has a strong grasp of financial
management and is sufficiently diplomatic to succeed in an environment where the numbers and
other services are provided by the immediate parent company.
The Base Manager will have a flexible approach and stand out from the crowd. They will positively
challenge the status quo and will always look for new ways to add value and bring the vision to life.
Duties will include:
- Operational management of Inspection/Rope Access activities in the specified
geographical area in conformity to the documented inspection management system
or as authorised by the Technical Authorities.
- Marketing inspection services, making proposals and tendering for new business
within agreed levels outlined in the management system
- Management of relationships with clients to the benefit of the Company.
- Liaise between client and company personnel to ensure work is carried out according
to an agreed schedule and within the terms of the contract.
- Maintenance of inspection capability and resources in accordance with the Company's
policies, standards and procedures and in compliance with the requirements of ISO 17020
& IRATA guidelines.
- Co-ordination and execution of activities in accordance with approved procedures for
the base and site operations ensuring that the quality system is adhered to on a day
to day basis
- Accountable for the financial performance of the location and control to ensure it meets
sales, budget and profitability targets.
- Ensure all Company and site Health, Safety and Environmental regulations are complied
- A proven manager, able to manage people, resources and equipment to optimise
- A proven developer of business, with commercial flair and ability to sell in a highly
technical, service orientated environment.
- Ideally a person conversant with the oil & gas sector and some experience of
selling/servicing the market.
- Previous experience within Oil and Gas industry
- Experience/Knowledge of Rope Access
- Current or Lapsed NDT qualifications.
- Ideally experienced in NDT or similar industry with an understanding of the processes,
people and practices in the industry.
- Passionate about safety and quality, able to show, clients, staff and other stakeholders
of our commitment and ability in these areas.
In return the ideal candidate can expect::
- Excellent working environment
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Attractive benefits package
- Company Car
- Annual bonus opportunity.
When you join Applus RTD, you are not just starting a new job - you are embarking upon a new
and exciting adventure.
To apply please click here: