Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces
to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of
more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries
across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we
drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although
our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer,
cleaner and more efficient.
Trainee NDT Technician (Immersion UT) x 2
37.5 hours per week, leading to shift working (shift pattern to be confirmed)
Offering qualified expertise in non-destructive testing, Element Sheffield services some of
largest Engineering businesses in the world who know that the integrity of their products’
components is critical to both safety and performance. Imperfections, while often difficult to
detect, can result in failures that have consequences far beyond the commercial cost.
The non-destructive testing (NDT) that Element conducts is a highly effective way to detect
even the smallest damage or imperfection in materials before or during their operational life.
We are looking for a Trainee NDT Technician (IUT) to join our growing Aerospace facility
in Sheffield. Reporting to the NDT IUT Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of components and parts for testing, including:
- Unpacking of jobs received
- Pre and post cleaning of parts
- Re-packing of completed jobs
- Working to a wide range of specifications alongside and assisting testing technicians
- Assisting in work across all departments in the laboratory
- Inspecting components to exacting standards for a wide range of applications
What we are looking for?
- Good general education including English, Maths and Physics
- Previous NDT experience would be advantageous but is not essential as full training
will be provided
- Passion for developing a career in Engineering is essential
- An awareness of and passion for health and safety
- A basic knowledge of NDT testing methodology would be highly advantageous
Who we are looking for?
- Professional and hardworking individual
- Ability to work effectively alone as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical way of working as well as excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Full training and support will be provided for the successful candidate.
Candidates who are successful in the position will progress onto qualification processes
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our
most valued resource. Find out why Element is the Employer of Choice within the TIC Sector
by visiting our website.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please forward your CV to: