Site Services Division
We are recruiting for a Technical Manager to join
on a staff, permanent basis with
appropriate experience, certification and qualifications to be based
in our Deeside
office, North Wales.
The role is to champion the James Fisher NDT [JFNDT]
technical activities in the
Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Chemical, Utilities, and other major industries/sectors.
The Technical Manager, advises, provides support
and ensures statutory and
procedural compliance for all technical aspects of the site services
The role reports to the Managing Director of JF NDT Ltd and will ensure
technical delivery of projects as required by our clients.
The Technical Manager will be an integral part of
our non-destructive testing group
working closely with the collective site services team and the other
ensure a successful overall project delivery.
As Technical Manager you will lead and manage the
technical functions of the
business and take a hands-on approach, striving to achieve optimum operational
The Technical Manager, will also be responsible
for managing and overseeing
the technical areas of the company and will take a proactive hands-on
to achieving results and will be practically minded with a 'can do attitude'
to the task.
You'll be a practical Manager and will be experienced
in multiple NDT techniques,
with good problem solving skills and a keen interest in taking a 'lead
approach to your management style.
You'll be prepared to take an active involvement
on the shop floor leading and
educating your teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Engineering Productivity & Quality
- Overall management of the site’s services team technical resource
- Accountability to ensure that all projects delivered
on their site are well
engineered and delivered to the customer on time and within budget
- Ensuring JF NDT’s technical processes and procedures
to maintain consistency and quality of inspection work
- Maintain a close working relationship with other
specialist advanced NDT projects to ensure technical activities work
smoothly in the delivery of projects.
- Ensuring compliance with both client and statutory requirements
- Maintaining a constant liaison and dialogue with
JF NDT’s client base
and site services NDT department to ensure the NDT techniques and
procedures used are compatible with client standards.
- Performing quality control checking of NDT activities.
- Ensuring final acceptance of NDT inspections
is in accordance with
- Specifying NDT test requirements needed in support of client activities
- Advising and giving guidance to project QA audits.
- Reviewing suitability of NDT procedures and NDT personnel qualifications.
- Conducting audits both on & off site.
- Providing specialist technical advice and co-ordinating
support to the
various projects in a bid to resolve key NDT issues in order that
respective project milestones and key target dates are met.
- This role will involve writing procedures and
techniques for NDT.
- Ongoing assessment of the balance of skills within
the site services
team to ensure successful projects can be delivered
- Implementing JF NDT’s policies on investing in and developing people
- Working with HR and other internal stakeholders to recruit new employees
- Conducting formal performance appraisals with direct reports
- Regular contact with field staff to ensure their
professional and personal
development is on track
- Developing a supportive, encouraging and learning
environment for all
inspection and support staff
- Developing, communicating and supporting training
initiatives (externally and internally) to up-skill staff
This may include but not be limited to;
- Estimating durations for design of tender items
- Composing technical responses to quotation requests
- Ongoing assessment of technical engineering processes
to identify and implement improvements.
- Implementation of continual improvement initiatives
such as visual
management tools and ‘toolbox’ talks
Line Management / General Requirements
- Has been accountable for a variety of diverse
projects or activities
ranging in both size and complexity.
- Experience in a senior role with a line management capacity
- Proven organisational, administrative, and planning abilities
- Commercially and delivery-focused
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Excellent people skills, especially in supporting
and motivating staff
and in developing the abilities of others
- Experience or familiarity continual improvement methodologies
- Liaison with Operations Department, Technical and Project Managers
- Representing the company during technical presentations
supporting sales throughout the tender process.
For the role of NDT Technical Manager candidates
should be a minimum of PCN
Level 3 Ultrasonic Testing (UT) qualified and ideally hold the following
or have extensive knowledge / proven experience of:-
- Time Of Flight Diffraction
Majority of inspections use remotely operated automated
equipment, and experience
in the operation of Automated Ultrasonic Testing (AUT) systems or similar
favourable; understanding of other advanced inspection techniques including
Eddy Current, and ACFM inspection would be of great advantage.
Candidates with a relevant degree may have an advantage.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar
related role and conversant
with the oil and gas industry.
- Clear communication skills and be able to liaise
with all levels of management
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Knowledge of BS EN NDT standards.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluating and certificating ANDT test results
- Writing and approving detailed NDT procedures/techniques
- Vetting and commenting on standards, specifications and enquiries
- Auditing operator compliance to procedures
- Overseeing the implementation of newly developed
inspections on our sites
- these activities involve working with our contractor partners who
inspections at our stations and assessing the results of the inspections.
Although assigned to the Head Office in Deeside
North Wales, the successful candidate
will be required to work from the throughout the UK and on-site at management
We are looking for an individual who will relish
the challenges of this role and someone
who wants their next career move to make a major contribution to a business.
This role is subject to a Full UK Security Clearance,
eligibility to work in the UK is
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package with
long term employment opportunities
within the Company.
Suitable candidates shall be considered for further
training and career development.
In return the ideal candidate can expect:
- Excellent working environment.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Attractive benefits package.
To apply please forward your CV to:
Telephone 01244 284848